Many people have installed LVT flooring for their home or business. But not all of them know how is the flooring installation. So today, COCOROSA will introduce you one popular installation method - Loose Lay.
First of all, loose lay vinyl flooring is a type of flooring that you can install without any adhesive. It works better in the areas less than 25 square yards. With such a non-glued feature, you can replace the plank easily whenever you want.
The installation should take place in a climate-controlled room. So please make sure the room temperature is between 18°C and 29°C.
Besides, leave the product to acclimate the room for at least 48 hours. But do not open the package until the acclimation is done.
1. Loose Lay LVT can be installed over various types of sub-floors. And all sub-floors need to be clean, dry, flat, and free of any debris and grits.
2. For wood sub-floor, Plywood and OSB are acceptable. Ensure the wood floor is in good construction. Once you find any damaged part, replace it timely.
3. Loose lay LVT can be installed over the concrete sub-floor, which must be flat and smooth. So it would help if you leveled the concrete floor before starting the installation. Besides, any rough or hollow on the concrete surface needs to be sanded down or filled in. Any unevenness can affect the installation result.
4. Loose lay LVT also can be installed over the ceramics or mosaics. So you need to level the grout lines with the patching compound.
5. Test the moisture level of the sub-floor and the reading should be below 75% RH.
1. Firstly, the installation should start in the corner of the room. Place down a loose lay plank tightly against the wall in the first row. Use a utility knife to adjust the length of the first plank and straight edge to ensure the last plank is at least 5cm in length.
2. Then, for residential areas, use a silicone bead of caulk to ensure planks can secure tightly against the perimeter of the wall. If the planks cannot be well adjoined to the wall due to the irregularities of the perimeter, apply Gecko Tape or proper adhesives to secure the perimeter.
3. For commercial facilities, directly us Gecko Tape or proper adhesives to secure the perimeter. If the area faces heavy traffic, apply the adhesives to the whole installation.
4. For an ideal installation result, the following rows should be staggered. For example, cut the first plank of the second row into 2/3 of its original length. Cut the first plank of the third row to 1/3 of its full length. Use the rest of the pieces at the end of each row.
5. Always ensure the planks and rows are installed tightly against each other. Make sure that no gap exists between every plank.
6. To compromise irregular objects like pipes, use card paper to cut and trace a pattern. Place the pattern on the plank and use a utility knife to cut along the traced lines.
As you can see, the installation is not difficult at all. If you have any question, please directly contact us at Sales@Cocorosasurfaces.com. We look forward to talking with you!